Learn about your genetic makeup with our DNA testing services
People are interested in genetic testing and DNA testing for a number of reasons, however, they don’t have the best of experiences when they settle for average clinics in Calgary. If you are one of those people who are looking for a hassle free experience for DNA testing, our team of experts at Divergent Healthcare can help.
Read on to find out how the DNA testing process works at our clinic in Calgary and how our team of professionals can help you out.
Why are people interested in genetic testing in Calgary?
From learning about their genetic makeup to finding out whether hereditary problems run in your family, the reasons why people are interested in genetic testing vary greatly. However, regardless of your reason for showing interest in genetic testing or DNA testing, our experienced team of professionals can walk you through the entire process without any problems.
At Divergent Healthcare, we love doing things differently. That is exactly why our team of experts takes the time to understand why you are opting for genetic testing or DNA testing. Once we understand your reasons, our team of professionals can tell you how they can help you throughout the process. We may also be able to tell you which type of genetic testing you should opt for and how we will go about the process.
If you’re interested in testing for legal reasons or to find out about any hereditary reasons, you will be glad to know that at Divergent Healthcare, we provide our clients with comprehensive, informative and accurate results that you may be able to use for preventive measures or as legal proof.
How can genetic testing at Divergent Healthcare help you identify your genetic risk?
Countless people in Calgary come from families with hereditary conditions, which explains why so many people are interested in genetic testing and DNA testing in the city. To help you find out whether or not any diseases have been passed to you, you can get screened for 124 different genetic conditions and diseases through our genetic testing services at Divergent Healthcare.
We screen our clients and visitors for genetic markers that can help determine your chances of developing health conditions that may run in your family. Even though genetic markers do not necessitate that one will develop a condition, they do show you whether you have a high or low risk of developing the condition.
Genetic testing for risk identification is crucial. Often, diseases and conditions start showing their symptoms when it is too late. Our results for genetic testing can help you find out if you are at risk at an early stage and at a time when you can take the right steps to prevent or postpone the development of the disease.
How is the test performed?
Self administered buccal swabs are used for genetic testing. Since the same genetic material can be obtained from buccal cells as red blood cells, people won’t have to go through blood tests to find out their genetic makeup or find out about the risk of hereditary conditions or problems.
Collection of buccal swabs only takes five minutes. When you are being tested, our team of professionals will also fill out a medical history form to find out whether or not they should focus on certain conditions or diseases. This is a self administered test.
- Exfoliation Glaucoma
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma (ESCC)
- Stomach Cancer (Gastric Cardia Adenocarcinoma)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Bipolar Disorder
- Breast Cancer
- Celiac Disease
- Colorectal Cancer
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Prostate Cancer
- Scleroderma (Limited Cutaneous Type)
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Venous Thromboembolism
- Age-related Macular Degeneration
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus)
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Type 1 Diabetes
Here is a list of carrier status:
- Hemochromatosis (HFE-related)
- Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum with Peripheral Neuropathy (ACCPN)
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Autosomal Recessive Polycystic Kidney Disease
- BRCA Cancer Mutations (Selected)
- Beta Thalassemia
- Bloom’s Syndrome
- Canavan Disease
- Congenital Disorder of Glycosylation Type 1a (PMM2-CDG)
- Connexin 26-Related Sensorineural Hearing Loss
- Cystic Fibrosis
- D-Bifunctional Protein Deficiency
- DPD Deficiency
- Dihydrolipoamide Dehydrogenase Deficiency
- Factor XI Deficiency
- Familial Dysautonomia
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia Type B
- Familial Hyperinsulinism (ABCC8-related)
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
- Fanconi Anemia (FANCC-related)
- G6PD Deficiency
- GRACILE Syndrome
- Gaucher Disease
- Glycogen Storage Disease Type 1a
- Glycogen Storage Disease Type 1b
- Hereditary Fructose Intolerance
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (MYBPC3 25bp-deletion)
- LAMB3-related Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa
- Leigh Syndrome, French Canadian Type (LSFC)
- Limb-girdle Muscular Dystrophy
- Maple Syrup Urine Disease Type 1B
- Medium-Chain Acyl-CoA Dehydrogenase (MCAD)
- Mucolipidosis IV
- Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinosis (CLN5- related)
- Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinosis (PPT1-related)
- Niemann-Pick Disease Type A
- Nijmegen Breakage Syndrome
- Pendred Syndrome
- Primary Hyperoxaluria Type 2 (PH2)
- Rhizomelic Chondrodysplasia Punctata Type 1 (RCDP1)
- Salla Disease
- Sickle Cell Anemia & Malaria Resistance
- Sjögren-Larsson Syndrome
- TTR-Related Cardiac Amyloidosis
- TTR-Related Familial Amyloid Polyneuropathy
- Tay-Sachs Disease
- Torsion Dystonia
- Tyrosinemia Type I
- Usher Syndrome Type I (PCDH15-related)
- Usher Syndrome Type III
- Zellweger Syndrome Spectrum
Here is a list of additional genetic testing that we do:
- Screening For Complex Genetic Diseases
- Paternity Testing
- Diet and Fitness Optimization Testing
- Ancestral Origins Testing
- Drug Response Testing
- Siblingship Testing
- Native Ancestry Testing
- Relationship Testing
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Infidelity Testing
- Immigration DNA Testing
- Colorectal Cancer Testing
- Genetic Cancer Scan
- Alzheimer’s Testing
- Cardiac Risk/Stress
- Allergy Testing
- African Ancestry Origin Testing
- Hair Drug And Alcohol Testing
- Saliva Drug And Alcohol Testing
- Prostate Cancer Testing
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
Lower back pain was something that I never had to deal with. That’s until I started my new job, which required me to stay at my work station for a large part of the day. The constant pain made even daily tasks exhausting and started affecting my quality of life. I searched the internet for treatment options, and that’s when I came across shockwave therapy. I scheduled an appointment at Divergent Health, and their experts assured me that the procedure was completely safe. It’s now been two months since the treatment and I couldn’t happier with the results!